Thresher SSN 593 Group

ponyradish

I have a historic grouping of a Sailor who went down on the SSN 593 Thresher Submarine. This group contains all of the original telegrams sent to the Sailor's Mother. They start with the notification of the Thresher missing, up to we regret to inform you. There is the Memorial Book that was only presented to the immediate family. Congressional Letter, Senate letter, pictures, newspapers and the book Death of the Thresher. There are a few other memorial pieces as well. I'am not a grouping collector so I will probably move this along to a Thresher collector. PM me if you have interest in this grouping. Thanks, Pony.

Please clarify if you are selling this or giving it away to an interested party.

If you are selling this, please list it in our For Sale section with a set price.

For the record, I remember when the Thresher went down. It is still heartbreaking to see items from that time.

Yes...to echo Gil's words...you can't offer it for sale here in this forum. Determine a price and list it in the FS forum.

With that said, I'm sure many of us (including me) would really like to see photos of this group in their own thread. I've known of the Thresher as far back as I can remember and have never seen a group to one of the crewmen that's as complete as yours. I would really love it if you posted it.

Thanks!

Dave