WWII Named Purple Heart - Research Assistance Request

Calvin Hall

Calvin Hall

Guys,

I have had this one for awhile.

Nice ribbon bar indicating that he was involved in aviation came with the medal

I believe he was from Texas. His had a son named Ronald.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Calvin

post-2080-0-38562300-1489844973_thumb.jpg

post-2080-0-24136200-1489844984_thumb.jpg

BigJohn#3RD

The engraving is period official style hand engraved from mid to late WW2 early post-war type, besides KIA Purple Hearts many WIA and former POWs received their medal engraved in the same manner. From reading about your guy seems he successfully bailed out and evaded. More than likely he was returned to CONUS due to his experience either because he used an evasion net and would not be allowed to fly further missions to protect the organization or he successfully evaded on his own the SME would want to know more about his success. Just a SWAG on my part, I guess the only way to find out would be to get his file.

Let us know what you learn.

Indeed I am aware of this Google that you speak of...

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/person/147669

I guess what left me somewhat confused is that the PH features a KIA engraving (IMO), but the 'Google' shows that he didn't pass until 1994.

When making research requests it is helpful to tell us where you already have been. As a researcher when I see an open-ended request like yours I assume you coukd find nothing or you would have told us what you already found. When I find an obvious hit on a Google search like this one the assumption is you did not even try.