Moody Bros 3" sterling aerial gunner wing is it legit

Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant

Have not purchased this wing yet. I came across it online and the price seems right. Though I am not sure because there is not much to go off of on eBay. I do not own a wing by this maker and would love to add it to my collection if it is authentic. All interpretations are welcome. And, any other info you can give me about this maker. Is this a more desirable maker? Thanks in advance.

Gerrad

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Hello Gerrad,

I don't see any obvious red flags waiving in the images you've posted. But for your own piece of mind, there are many images of authentic Moody Bros hallmarked wings posted in the Forum's archives for comparison.

If you return to the main page of the "Wing Badges" section and go to the search engine located in the upper right corner; and type in "Moody Bros." you should be able to retrieve 7 to 9 excellent old threads containing lots of solid info on this well know maker.

Gerradtgrant

Hello Gerrad,

I don't see any obvious red flags waiving in the images you've posted. But for your own piece of mind, there are many images of authentic Moody Bros hallmarked wings posted in the Forum's archives for comparison.   

If you return to the main page of the "Wing Badges" section and go to the search engine located in the upper right corner; and type in "Moody Bros." you should be able to retrieve 7 to 9 excellent old threads containing lots of solid info on this well know maker. 

Thank You Sir. I am checking them out now!

Gerradtgrant

Looks like you have a good one too me....

That's great news. I am excited to add one to my collection!

Going off the pics it looks legit to me; don't let the haphazardly stamped hallmarks put you off, it's pretty typical of Moody Bros. The Moody Bros. Aerial Gunner wings are not rare but not common either. They made a Bombardier version which is harder to find but I personally think the A.G. is better looking. Every 'wing nut' needs Moody Bros. in their collection. The best advise was from Russ; search "Moody Bros." in the main Wing Badges section for an amazing amount of shared knowledge.

Gerradtgrant

Going off the pics it looks legit to me; don't let the haphazardly stamped hallmarks put you off, it's pretty typical of Moody Bros. The Moody Bros. Aerial Gunner wings are not rare but not common either. They made a Bombardier version which is harder to find but I personally think the A.G. is better looking. Every 'wing nut' needs Moody Bros. in their collection. The best advise was from Russ; search "Moody Bros." in the main Wing Badges section for an amazing amount of shared knowledge.

You nailed it. The hallmark is what threw me off and made me second guess the wing. The "B" in BROS is really weak and made me doubt it. I searched what images were available on eBay as there are a handful of them posted or sold and didn't find this exact hallmark. I appreciate your comment.

Gerrad