Korean War ZIPPO Engraved Chance Vought Wings Logo - Show Yours

mds308

I realize these are not wearable wings but wings they are. The Zippo is a Korean war period chrome over steel case with original steel insert. I love the remarks on the lighters reverse.

Please feel free to add any lighters you have with applied or engraved wings. Any comments always appreciated. Thanks,

Michael

post-165739-0-56003700-1488984863.jpg

post-165739-0-53004200-1488984871.jpg

pfrost,

Zippos are one of those things that I tend to find the most of. I have an advantage due to the huge numbers of military families in my area. And the best part, Zippos don't take up much real-estate and most of the time they are cheap. As compared to collecting uniforms, helmets, weapons, Jeeps etc...

Here are two more Vietnam period Zippos with WINGS. Let's see some other examples. Thanks.

post-165739-0-95515700-1489000489_thumb.jpg

I have a buddy who collects and sells them. A few years ago, the Japanese were buying them up like crazy. Not sure how the market looks now. They are neat, tho.

P

triplecanopy

Glad to see interest in old Zippo's. I am looking for one I lost back in 1973 at Fort Walton Beach, Fla. near Eglin AFB. If any of you ever find it, I'd like to get it back. It was one I brought back from Vietnam. It has a 101st Screaming Eagle patch, a Huey Helicopter, Basic Jump Wings and my name on it. I lost it in the sand or someone walked off with it, I never really knew. I know it's a wild shot, but who knows? It might just turn up.

If you think you might have it, please PM Me with a photo. Thanks.

pfrost,

Zippos are one of those things that I tend to find the most of. I have an advantage due to the huge numbers of military families in my area. And the best part, Zippos don't take up much real-estate and most of the time they are cheap. As compared to collecting uniforms, helmets, weapons, Jeeps etc...

Here are two more Vietnam period Zippos with WINGS. Let's see some other examples. Thanks.

I was at Navy Lemoore last week, here is your base insignia in color.

John

post-12439-0-19024500-1489072781.jpg