korean war A-2 608 ACE W SQDN jacket.

Niki

Hi,

i bought this jacket beqause i have a passion about the F-86 sabre aircraft and Korean war USAF in general.

I have beein told that this is a PERRY SPORTSWEAR A-2 from the WW2 era following to the Korean war .

I will be honest and say that the zipper was broken and the lining was shredderd so i have it corrected by restoring the jacket with the original zipper for that kind of jacket and a new liner in the same color it was in.

I think if i dont say anything nobody will notice this but i 'm honest about this.

Will this hurt the value and what would the correct price be for this kind of jacket beqause i see alot WW2 A-2 but never korean era?

Had some several offers on the jacket but its to nice to sell it.

Hope you guys can help me?

niki.

post-158693-0-00136500-1488829672.jpg

post-158693-0-47786300-1488829678.jpg

phantomfixer

I like the Korean war A-2s....nice to see this one...since the zip and liner have been replaced already... I would have them replaced again with correct liner and zipper...

many of the repop companies will do this for you for a fee, but will be worth it to have correct looking zipper and liner...

having said that.. I would have left it alone as is original...but its your jacket...enjoy it!!!

As is I would look at it as a 350-550 jacket depending on size..label integrity is gone with the replaced liner and incorrect zipper

collar and epaulets look consistent with a Perry...does it have a collar stand?

Yes it had a collar stand.

So its better to leave the jacket broken than to restore it?

Ok but for me it looks better and i can say that i have one in my collection beqause i never would think to own one.

Dont think this is a pilot jacket beqause i can not found what 608 ACE sqdrn means

Some stocks of A-2 jackets were refurbished at the beginning of the Korean war by USAF due to the lack of equipments. They are relatively scarce. But perhaps not so "lovely" for a ww2 A-2 collector.

I had one from this period from the 7th FBS. But it was all original and in very good shape. I sold it for 700 euros two years ago. What is cool with your is the patches. If it has been a KW F-86 squadron, I think the price would have been increased.

Franck