• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carthage light guard

carthage light guard
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,964
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

I'm working on a living history impression of a WWI YMCA secretary.  I'd like to have some boxes/shipping crates reproduced for my display.  Does anyone have or know where I might find a YMCA marked shipping crate/box for any of the items they sent overseas?

Thanks!

#2 littlewilly

littlewilly
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,024
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hello!

By all means contact the YMCA National Headquarters.  Their archives have tons of valuable photographs of all aspects of their welfare work for the troops in WWI.  I am sure they would have something of use to you.  Good luck with your living history impression.  MHJ 

#3 BuglerJay

BuglerJay
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 76,010
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

AND - PLEASE share any info that you find!! A number of us who are getting a bit long in the tooth and broad in the beam are looking into YMCA guy impressions as we can't carry off the Soldier impression too well any more! I'm not quite to Billy Levere's size - but at least we know that folks his size were there!

#4 Haditha07USMCR

Haditha07USMCR
  • Members
    • Member ID: 24,380
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

I'm working on a living history impression of a WWI YMCA secretary.  I'd like to have some boxes/shipping crates reproduced for my display.  Does anyone have or know where I might find a YMCA marked shipping crate/box for any of the items they sent overseas?

Thanks!

Ever find anything?

Edited by Haditha07USMCR, 16 May 2018 - 06:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)