Robeson Shuredge USMC MARK 2

mikedon

I came across a Robeson Shuredge USMC MARK 2 on eBay recently, Buy It Now, for $330. I did not study on it too long. I don't think it has a Robeson sheath but I was very happy to get it.

post-165606-0-03723200-1487964158_thumb.jpg

I came across a Robeson Shuredge USMC MARK 2 on eBay recently, Buy It Now, for $330. I did not study on it too long. I don't think it has a Robeson sheath but I was very happy to get it.

post-165606-0-95906300-1487964357_thumb.jpg

Great condition. Doubt if you can go wrong there.

I kind of quit watching eBay lately. I've been into 1911s and stocking up on ammo etc. Congrats! Were you upgrading or filling a hole in your collection?

Great condition. Doubt if you can go wrong there.

I kind of quit watching eBay lately. I've been into 1911s and stocking up on ammo etc. Congrats! Were you upgrading or filling a hole in your collection?

I had one pretty nice Robeson USMC but just could not pass up a nice second one.

post-165606-0-25070100-1487970488_thumb.jpg

I had one pretty nice Robeson USMC but just couls not pass up a nice second one.

I have plenty of Robeson USN MARK 2's but it took me a long time to find an affordable USMC.

post-165606-0-32216800-1487970629_thumb.jpg

I had one pretty nice Robeson USMC but just could not pass up a nice second one.

WWI or WWII 1911"s?

Do you have Edward Scott Meadows book "U.S. Military Automatic Pistols 1920-1945"?

Question: We have talked about whether to store these in their sheath/scabbard many times. What do you do?

I store the ones with a leather scabbard in the scabbard but NEVER snap the snap on the keeper. I insert them very slow and carefully.

Except for the absolute mint ones, I store the ones with a plastic scabbard in the scabbard also. I put a very small amount of oil on a Q-tip and insert it in the throat of the scabbard between the tabs that puts pressure on the blade, more to clean the tabs than to lubricate them. I feel it minimizes the drag marks on the blade finish and does not deposit any oil on the blade.

I then store them four to a box.

If there is a better way please someone let me know.

Yours look great and dont see the green verdegris that spme times forms on snaps and staples

Here is common to find the green goo on holsters and

scabbards.

I do think the local conditions play a role as well as specifics to the particular piece of leather coming into contact with the steel. I know a local knife maker who store knives in leather blade protectors that are made of unfinished leather. I'm too much of a chicken.

• 11 months later...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L knife! Also, what you miss when you are going to college and not watching ebay closely. Not sure if I would pull the trigger on that at $330 but maybe. That's the rarest one so an excellent deal right?

Fabulous! Don, the truth, from the time you spotted it until you hit "Buy It Now" how many millieseconds passed? Also, could you please tell me your schedule for when you are out walking the dog so I know when I might have a shot at something like that on ebay? (or do you take your I-Phone with you)?

Super buy, Art

All I have is a crappy guard marked USN MK2 Robeson..( :P )and I'm about to give it to my buddy who is a SEAL.

• 3 months later...

I store the ones with a leather scabbard in the scabbard but NEVER snap the snap on the keeper. I insert them very slow and carefully.

Except for the absolute mint ones, I store the ones with a plastic scabbard in the scabbard also. I put a very small amount of oil on a Q-tip and insert it in the throat of the scabbard between the tabs that puts pressure on the blade, more to clean the tabs than to lubricate them. I feel it minimizes the drag marks on the blade finish and does not deposit any oil on the blade.

I then store them four to a box.

If there is a better way please someone let me know.

I changed my knife storage method about 9 months ago after reading some other member's posts,

I now store all of my knives out of the sheath. I put the knife blade in a thick paper sleeve and put a tag on both the knife and sheath as not to get them separated. I always leave the snap on the keeper on leather sheaths unsnapped. I store the knives out of the sheath 4 to a box.

post-165606-0-24763200-1528222275_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
boogiedoogie

I store my WWII knives out of the sheaths in drawers. I have a stack of metal drawers and just made 30 more wooden drawers. The wooden drawers will hold 18 MARK 2's each.

post-178598-0-08916500-1534457476_thumb.jpg