Greenduck co? Is this a rare maker?, 417th INF regt DUI's

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

Picked up a small grouping and in it were some di's, 3 nice ww2 Inf school marked Meyer, and three 417th Inf regt di's marked Greenduck co, Chicago. I never heard of this maker. Are they rare, hard to find, or common. The di's appear to be sterling silver?, Is this considered two piece?. Sorry for all the questions but I am I novice when it comes to distinctive unit crests. Thanks in advance.post-11207-0-11249300-1487793369_thumb.jpg

IMHO I would say they are uncommon. This is the first time I have seen this makers DI.

I did a search on the online auction site and one is for sale now. They are around just not overly abundant.

BTW it is Nathan Hale who is depicted. Nice Di's!

-Brent

IMHO I would say they are uncommon. This is the first time I have seen this makers DI.

I did a search on the online auction site and one is for sale now. They are around just not overly abundant.

BTW it is Nathan Hale who is depicted. Nice Di's!

-Brent

Agree - "around just not overly abundant."

Greenduck was a prolific maker of political campaign buttons (the lithographed metal types) in the 1940's. Apparently, during WW2 they jumped on the insignia production bandwagon.