WWII sword knives

mikedon

I like the WWII sword knives made from Patton and Civil War sword blades. I wish their was more detailed information about them.

Two identical U.S. WWII Knife Crafters sword knives made from the hilt section of Civil War W.H. Hostmann & Sons 1850 Foot Officers swords with a Gebruder Weyersberg blade, (crowned head stamp).

post-165606-0-47040900-1487773332_thumb.jpg

WOE! I've never seen this many in one spot. How long have you been putting this collection together? Great!

Well over 20 years.

Grouping of WWII Anderson mid and tip section Patton sword knives.

post-165606-0-83738200-1487773708_thumb.jpg

suwanneetrader

You can be proud of this collection. I would think almost impossible to assemble as many examples today. In the 30s - 40s and even 1950s early US swords were plentiful and a knife maker could cut them down more easily and cheaper than then current blade blanks available or forging his own. Even during the CW blacksmith, etc used1812 -1818 era sabers to cut down into knives or farm tools for tobacco/corn/cane. Richard

Do you collect other military items? (Knives etc.) I have to say,the two Knife Crafters pieces are remarkable! Wow!

I collect U.S. military WWI & WWII knives, rifles, pistols, bayonets & machetes.

I also collect Civil War swords and Adolph Bayers bits and spurs.

More Knife Crafter knives.

post-165606-0-93665600-1487778617_thumb.jpg

I collect U.S. military WWI & WWII knives, rifles, pistols, bayonets & machetes.

I also collect Civil War swords and Adolph Bayers bits and spurs.

More Knife Crafter knives.

Some San Antonio Iron Works Paton hilt section WWII knives.

post-165606-0-06923900-1487780150_thumb.jpg

I was wondering if you had some of the Patton sword hilt sections from SAIW.These are a favorite and the scabbards can be hard to find as well...outstanding.

Crazy nice and what a collection! I absolutely LOVE the sword knives myself, although I don't have any. Do I have any favorites....No, they're all my favorite, and they're AWESOME!

outstanding collection and thanks for sharing with the forum.

I've been looking for a nice ANDERSON tip section for years so yours caused a drool on the keyboard.

I console myself with the fact that I know who carried my ricasso and middle section Andersons...

Again...just a truly nice collection.

outstanding collection and thanks for sharing with the forum.

I've been looking for a nice ANDERSON tip section for years so yours caused a drool on the keyboard.

I console myself with the fact that I know who carried my ricasso and middle section Andersons...

Again...just a truly nice collection.

I have not been able to get an Anderson hilt section yet. I have read there are a lot of hilt section knives that were recently ground from some unfinished Anderson blanks out there. I have not seen any original ones in person and was always afraid I was going to pay an original knife price for a reground blank. An Anderson hilt section and a bright Western G46-8 are on my wish list, (also some blade dated M3's in M6 sheaths).

I recently got a couple of Robeson USMC Mark 2's that I have been trying to get for years that I can mark off my list.

Sword knife made from an Ames 1906 iron guard cavalry saber:

post-165606-0-09697100-1487802234_thumb.jpg

Yeah - I'll join in and say thanks for posting. That is some collection you have there. I don't see sword knives anywhere. About 10 years ago I saw one in an antique shop. I wasn't familiar with them and it was reasonable so I grabbed it. I'm glad I did.

I have not been able to get an Anderson hilt section yet. I have read there are a lot of hilt section knives that were recently ground from some unfinished Anderson blanks out there. I have not seen any original ones in person and was always afraid I was going to pay an original knife price for a reground blank. An Anderson hilt section and a bright Western G46-8 are on my wish list, (also some blade dated M3's in M6 sheaths).

I recently got a couple of Robeson USMC Mark 2's that I have been trying to get for years that I can mark off my list.

A few more:

post-165606-0-61865500-1487852455_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-03260500-1487852484_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-29509000-1487852534_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-49046100-1487852566_thumb.jpg

Very nice cavalry saber knife.

FYI; my ricasso section ANDERSON has a red handle. It was carried by a member of the 8th AF and came with a dog tag. He definitely knew how to put an edge on a knife as it will shave hair from your arm. Other than being correctly sharpened it is near mint. The mid section has a gray handle and will also shave. He must have liked them as he had 2 Anderson's.

I have an unground ANDERSOn from the mid-section. Gray handle. < tip cut like preceding but never finished.

Have you seen the ANDERSON made as a utility knife with a blade about 5"?

Very nice cavalry saber knife.

FYI; my ricasso section ANDERSON has a red handle. It was carried by a member of the 8th AF and came with a dog tag. He definitely knew how to put an edge on a knife as it will shave hair from your arm. Other than being correctly sharpened it is near mint. The mid section has a gray handle and will also shave. He must have liked them as he had 2 Anderson's.

I have an unground ANDERSOn from the mid-section. Gray handle. < tip cut like preceding but never finished.

Have you seen the ANDERSON made as a utility knife with a blade about 5"?

No, I have never seen an Anderson knife with a 5" blade.

Thanks for the nice words.

Very nice collection. I have a few of them myself.

I have to pick up a Knife Crafters sword blade one of these days. Not cheap to aquire a nice one.