USN Uniforms

Ricardo

GREAT looking uniforms guys! Navy uniforms have been overlooked too long by many collectors. A nice, varied sampling that any self-respecting uniform collector would like to have. Thanks for sharing those! thumbsup.gif

collectsmedals

Great collection!

I love Navy uniforms.

Here is one of the favorite uniforms in my collection.

It belonged to Vice Admiral Allen Mayhew Shinn.

post-294-1171500827.jpg

• 1 month later...

A close up of a USN officers tunic in my collection, nice light weight gabardine Lt.'s uniform but with great insignia. Un-named but all original. The Dolphin's and Patrol Pin are both H+H 'deepwave', pinback, the ribbons are the 'fat' Wolf-Brown type. enjoy, Mark.

post-527-1174353327.jpg

A close up of a USN officers tunic in my collection, nice light weight gabardine Lt.'s uniform but with great insignia. Un-named but all original. The Dolphin's and Patrol Pin are both H+H 'deepwave', pinback, the ribbons are the 'fat' Wolf-Brown type. enjoy, Mark.

Nice looking Jacket Mark! Dont you hate it when jackets like this arent named :blink:

Kurt

Yes, it is frustrating. Both the tags in the pants and blouse are just completely faded out. Still, I think I'll hold onto it, Mark.

Great items!

I'm envious...didn't previously know about the WWI USN Naval Batteries, odd to include a Shipfitter rating. Would have expected Gunner's Mates, and maybe even a Fire Controlman. (EDITORS NOTE: The post referred to has been moved to its own thread: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=7226 )

Great closet full of CPO uniforms.

Like I said, really great Navy items.

-dan

post-769-1175031029.jpg

Here is an ID'd WWI USN jumper with a fairly scarce rate ( Aviation Carpenters Mate 1st Class )

Kircher, George,

797 Maple St., Rochester, N. Y.

Entered the service at Buffalo, N. Y., April 2, 1918, at the age of 24 years, in U.S. Navy.

Served, Naval Training Camp, Charleston, S. C., to May 6, 1918;

Receiving Ship, Pensacola, Fla., to Nov. 11, 1918.

Trained, Charleston, S. C. Landsman Carpenter's Mate, Aviation, 121 days;

Carpenter's Mate, 2d Class, Aviation, 41 days.

Discharged, March 4, 1919.

WW1USN1.jpg

WW1USN2.jpg

WW1USN3.jpg

WW1USN5.jpg