"Then and Now" picture I made

No Quarter

Hello, I have a photo of two soldiers in Switzerland in my collection. I decided to do a "then and now" photograph which involves finding a modern picture of the location in the old picture and fusing them together. Enjoy.

Jacob

post-162535-0-22913200-1487360684_thumb.jpg

Really cool. I have seen these types of things in the past and always found it to be a great way to bring history alive. Did you just lay your photo over another photo or did you do it with a particular photoshop type program.

Really cool. I have seen these types of things in the past and always found it to be a great way to bring history alive. Did you just lay your photo over another photo or did you do it with a particular photoshop type program.

I actually used powerpoint believe it or not. I just layed the original on top of the modern picture.

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself doing more and more before and after and "ghost photos". This is one I did a couple years ago of my great-grandmother (the little girl) and my great-great grandmother at the High Water Mark monument in Gettysburg around the turn of the century.

Mike

post-3373-0-60857000-1488157828.png

Hello, I have a photo of two soldiers in Switzerland in my collection. I decided to do a "then and now" photograph which involves finding a modern picture of the location in the old picture and fusing them together. Enjoy.

Jacob

Great job, But a Quick question, What are U.S. military personnel doing in Switzerland? We had no military presence there.

Great job, But a Quick question, What are U.S. military personnel doing in Switzerland? We had no military presence there.

These were taken in 1945 so I'm guessing the soldiers might have gone there to see the sights before they were shipped home?

Jacob

I find myself doing more and more before and after and "ghost photos". This is one I did a couple years ago of my great-grandmother (the little girl) and my great-great grandmother at the High Water Mark monument in Gettysburg around the turn of the century.

Mike

That's really cool!

Jacob

These were taken in 1945 so I'm guessing the soldiers might have gone there to see the sights before they were shipped home?

Jacob

I got ya, visting/leave, hmm one would of thought they would be in Mufti in visiting this neutral country right?

However this hotel is in Lausanne, right on the border with France, so maybe a very quick hop skip and a jump, and was taken late in 1945 when things cooled down some, hard to think GIs would be allowed, either by SHAEF or the Swiss Government, to go there in the summer of 45, considering the Swiss just or recently released a lot of American aircrews interned there.