Holy moly! The mother of all militaria collections!

chcole1

And we all thought we were militaria collectors! Geez, this is amazing. All it takes is a big pile of money, no criminal record and live in the right state. I do wonder how much of the ordnance is live if any and how he managed to get access to this to be able to buy it all. Still, pretty dang impressive.

If your wife gives you grief over your collection, let her see this video. It might prove to her that you are not quite as crazy as she thought!

Hmmm...that's a great idea! She thinks I'm crazy because I want to add a 4th gun (1911 or Garand) to my collection.

He says all that stuff is live, but I had same thought, how did he get access to so much stuff. I also don't see how he could ever be insured either. I would just be scared of an accident (a person or animal gets in and knocks something over) or fire.

My hat's off to him for not only everything he has, but how well it's displayed and taken care of.

Chris

Yup, he lives in my town. Nice guy, used his range a few times and perused his retail space. I knew he had a collection, but I never knew it was like this! Don't think he had the museum last time I was there, I will have to go back out for a tour!

I hope the WW2 vintage dynamite is not real.

He has a number of things that I hope are not real or armed. Having been an Ordnance officer, I am not real keen on collecting live demolitions material, bombs weighing hundreds of pounds or artillery rounds. Looks like a state of the art storage facility, but it just makes me cautious.

Frankly (he writes, whilst heading for the bunker) this looks to be not so much a militaria collection as it is, an arsenal... which is certainly a fine thing to have, and in that domain of collections, it is clearly outstanding, remarkable and truly amazing!

From a curatorial perspective, what springs to mind is - It will be interesting to see what comes of/or exists for this collection, in terms of historical documentation directly related to militaria, per se, as contrasted with an accumulation of weaponry and ordnance... and, naturally, what the collection's destiny shall eventually be.

Now receding into the quietness of solitude...

This place is truly amazing. I took a tour about a year ago and found it to be almost overwhelming in regard to the amount of stuff packed into these rooms. If you are in the area, it is worth the price of admission to see the variety and volume of items he has accumulated.

This guys collection is amazing.

How in the world would you be able to prevent stuff from being stolen as groups of people walk through. I would like to see the video of him firing the recoilless rifle that he said blew away half of his range berm.

I would like to see the video of him firing the recoilless rifle that he said blew away half of his range berm.

That statement alone raises some safety awareness issues. It's one thing to own these things... it is another thing to fully understand how to use them safely.

If i had that kind of, space, money and time that garage would be filled with cars not militaria, they are slightly better investment wise and you can take them for a spin around town without getting arrested (hopefully). Pretty awesome collection though, must have taken him a life time to amass that much stuff!