Task Force Delta Patch

Gerradtgrant

I picked this patch up yesterday. I am unable to locate any other pics of the patch other then what is on eBay. The patches on eBay don't look anything like this patch. The quality just isn't the same. Mine seems to be of a much higher quality. Is this a patch that is faked? Or is it just a different manufacturer? Would this be a harder to find original patch? Any comments are appreciated!

Mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

eBay

Posted Image

There were 3 or 4 on eBay that all looked like this one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

MilitaryPicker1941

The first patch posted looks like a Philippine made repro. Second one looks like the ones coming out of Vietnam now

Actually, I'd say the first one is also recently made in Vietnam.

What is the tell tall sign? In hand it doesn't appear to be artificially aged. Where can I locate a picture of a real one so I can observe?

First off the beige material hanging out the edges is not good. The material under the roses should match the main background color.These patches with the beige material are all over the internet from Vietnam. They would be a little scary if sewn on to a jacket and actually trimmed way down to edge.The other thing is the original patch most likely would have been made in Thailand and this does not match any period sewing patterns and materials and that is hard to explain. I have not seen an original. I would love to see one too.

Regards, Mitch

Here is a link to a discussion on a patch that is constructed much like the one in post # 1:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/282213-hmm-363-patch/?hl=missouri&do=findComment&comment=2271084

Thank You for that reference. Would make complete sense. I bought it in Missouri! I only paid a few bucks for it. It was worth the education!