Help me find...

Steve S.

I'm looking for some surplus WWII era webbing, type 3 class 4 in 1.5" & 5/8" to repair the webbing on a bunch of scabbards I have here.

I did this one out of a slightly thinner sample sent to me, but would really like to find the correct weave/pattern/thickness. I dissected all of the original hardware & swapped over, which was no easy task! Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

post-161323-0-62555400-1486667869_thumb.jpg

post-161323-0-51844400-1486667882_thumb.jpg

I don't know if they still sell it or not, but At The Front and American Patrol Co. both used to sell webbing, hardware, material,, etc.

At The Front's website is: www.atthefront.com and American Patrol is www.apcogear.comAmerican Patrol's website appears to be under construction, but he has a Facebook page you might try.

There are other reenactor supply places that might have what you need. There's always eBay, too, but you know: eBay.

IMHO, your going to have a time finding cotton webbing in general and I can't remember the last time I've come across 11/2 inch webbing. There is some 1 1/4 being reproduced, I think because of rifle slings.

I did see some 13/4 inch stuff from the 1980's recently.

Are you firm on OD3? I think you may have better luck finding some OD7.

I think that "American Patrol" maybe your best bet. As I remember he was even making his own repair hangers for the M8's. If anyone has 1 1/2 webbing they might.

I think they are only on Facebook now. https://www.facebook.com/americanpatrolcompany

I'll keep an eye open for it and let you know if I get lucky.

Thanks guys! Doesn't have to OD3. Most of the M8a1's I have are OD7. I would even be happy with some white/natural as also have some MkII gray scabbards with bad webbing so would need to bleach/dye some of it anyway.

Ok how about a tutorial on moving the hardware?

Boy, you guys just want me to give away all of my secrets! B)

Its not hard, You just gotta have alot of patience.. I'll get something going on that when time permits. :D

I just reserved another one: Weebee Webbng at odcloth.com

I have bought ball tips from them, and last time I checked, they sold webbing, canvas etc. primarily for military vehicle restoration. There are others out there, too. You might check the Jeep restoration website at www.g503.com