WWII Coffee Brewing Manual TB 10-405-1

Chap15

I was at a militaria show the other day.

I love old manuals and I found this in a stack.

For $2 not bad for a coffee. :)

post-1429-0-81841700-1486507554_thumb.jpg

post-1429-0-01481900-1486507578_thumb.jpg

That is neat. I never would have imagined they had a manual for coffee making. Thanks for putting it up. Just gotta know, how many pages are in it?

Mikie

That is neat. I never would have imagined they had a manual for coffee making. Thanks for putting it up. Just gotta know, how many pages are in it?

Mikie[/quote

They had manuals for everything in WWII. Some of those manuals continued to be used into the 70's.

My Uncle Verl gave me an army manual on making Ice Cream. He made it in Korea during the war. RIP Uncle Verl (1929-2016).

BKW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Give a shout out to Robert at Tarbridge Militaria who gave me this manual.

Thank you Robert.

Now I have a manual to make some biscuits to go with my coffee.

This manual supersedes TM 10-410 (1 July 1942) with changes 1,2,3, and Supplement "Rope and Mold in Baked Products" (30 April 1943). 57 Pages.

post-1429-0-00441000-1499519314.jpg

Ummmmm...biscuits...I'm guessing that the recipes have batches that serve 500 at a time. If so, there should be plenty for all of us. Just say when you want us to be over.

Mikie

• 1 month later...

Such a very cool booklet! I've never heard of this one, but how cool! We use percolators and I can also boil it cowboy style. I wanted to learn, so when we are on vacation or something, I'd know how to make it without a machine! :) Thanks for sharing! This definitely wins in my mind for interesting and fun as far as these military booklets go! :)

I did some math and if it's correct (I'm not a cook on a 500 person level...) the coffee recipe runs about one cup per soldier. I don't get moving till at least my third... :D

I did some math and if it's correct (I'm not a cook on a 500 person level...) the coffee recipe runs about one cup per soldier. I don't get moving till at least my third... :D

I have to agree with that.

Maybe you should offer to sell that manual to an unnamed famous coffee chain so that they could learn how to brew good coffee.

Very cool find.