Looking for gun mount photo of M3 Stuart

mmerc20

Does anyone have a detailed photo of the machine gun mount inside the sponson of an M3 Stuart? Yeah. It's a very specific item. I found a fuzzy photo from an old TM, but that's it.

Mike

Ask on the G-503 forum, in the Armor section. Steve Greenburg from Portland has a great M-3 stuart and he might be able to help

Tom Bowers

I don't think Steve will be able to help as his tank is an M3A1 and is not fitted with sponson guns.

I have the original SNL for the right and left sponson mounts but the illustrations are line drawings, not photos. There are some decent photos in Weapon Mounts for Secondary Armament. Interesting that these are only referred to as left and right sponson mounts with no "T" or "M" number assigned. I'll try to get them scanned and posted in a day or two.

You can try Randy Withrow down at the Veterans memorial Museum in Huntsville Al..

I'm pretty sure he has an M3 (not M3A1) they were working on several years ago

Kration

Thank you so much! This is why I asked. This great relic was brought into our museum on Saturday. It came off one of the M3 targets on the former mortar range. I've found numerous armor plates, wheels, and suspension pieces, but nothing like this.

I appreciate the help!

Mike

post-3373-0-49504200-1486638341_thumb.jpg