Two BLOGs on The Green Berets movie of 1968.

patches

Fan or Foe :lol:

In any event a good pair of sites with some great fotos.

https://dukewayne.com/index.php?thread/1817-the-green-berets-1968/&pageNo=1

post-34986-0-06047100-1486178553_thumb.jpg

The foto above comes from this site, the famous Mattel M16 scene in sequence.

http://www.destructibleman.com/2010/06/green-berets-john-wayneray-kellogg-1968.html

I dunno...fan I guess :):love:

Saw it when it came out and a hundred times since.My dad took me to the theatre I think it was 1969 when it came here.I was 5yo wide eyed and had tiger tripe fever.I had a shirt a one of dads cousins sent me.I wore it to the movie.I wouldnt hardly take the thing off.My mom threatened to burn it...lol

A bit cheesy movie and predictible but I enjoy it for what it is9and still do) and for being done when the time wasnt favorable to the war or its veterans is not an easy task or the actors or film industry.Plus they did use real soldiers through out the movie as I understand.the rifle thing I didnt really let bother me.It was done for drammatics but people have to nit pick and arm char drctors are like bar flies. :D

Yeah I like the period-ness of it, that, and like you it came out when I was a kid. Going back a bit even had the "THE GREEN BERETS" bubble gum cards and the GI Joe Green Beret doll (What A Kid :lol:).

In fact, while I never seen it in the theater at this time (my Father did see it eventually by himself), did see it in it's coming attractions, movie here was ANZIO my Father took me to see there in July 1968, and The Green Berets was one of the films shown in the coming attractions, or more accurately movies currently showing nation wide.

I saw it in the base theater when I was an Air Force EM. In spite of some of the Hollyweird hokum, it was an entertaining movie and aimed at the audience that supported the war. Not the best war movie, but I liked it overall and like some of you guys said, "it is what it is".