General James H. Doolittle Signature on 1942 Wright Aircraft Engines Newsletter

HistoryNut

I got a call yesterday from the widow of a veteran looking to part with some of her late husband's military items. He was an enlisted member of the 508th Infantry (Airborne), serving in Panama and Vietnam in the early to mid 60s. After discharging from the Army, he completed his degree and went on to become a Naval Flight Officer. He served in the Navy from 1971 to 1992 and flew in both the F-4 and the F-14.

This framed 1942 Wright Aircraft Engines Newsletter autographed by General J. H. Doolittle was found in a plastic tub with the veteran's plaques, citations, awards, etc. His wife did not know the history of the piece. Upon returning home, I opened the frame to clean the glass and found 3 additional original pages of the newsletter.

Although, I can't authenticate the autograph, it sure looks good when making comparisons. I also feel really good about it knowing where it came from.

Comments and opinions are always welcomed. Thank you for looking!

post-13256-0-15527800-1486143365_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Kat. It's truly is an amazing and heroic story. I was just telling my wife about it last week and this week I'm surprised by this. :)