1917 Remington Enfield 95% Value?

SGT York

anyone have a new Blue book and could tell me the value of a US 1917 Remington Enfield polish Blue at 95%? my 2011 book says 2300.00 wondering if has had any significant changes? Thanks!!

The Blue Book is horrible when it comes to military weapon values....

If someone will give you $2300 for a M1917, take the money, and run real fast......

YMMV....

You know the polished blue is a rare bird? Now back to my question, if someone can look at a new book and tell me what it says for reference? thanks..

You know the polished blue is a rare bird? Now back to my question, if someone can look at a new book and tell me what it says for reference? thanks..

Not that rare....Remington and Winchester both used high polish blue to finish their 1917 before moving to the matte blue...not 100% sure on Eddystone...yes, they are hard to find

I still think $2300 is crazy money for even an all original, unmessed with, un-refurbed high polish blue M1917. The Blue Book is not a good reference for military gun values, they tend to be stupid high or stupid low....IMHO...

I concur with the other comments (doesn't mean JS). My 2014 copy has high polish blue listed 95% as $1425 100% $1895. Matte or park 95% $850. I think those prices are high for the Midwest, unfortunately. A big stretch even for a WRA, but very doubtful for anything else. I've not seen any bumps for the 100 anniversary yet. I'll be at the MAAC show in greater Detroit this weekend, if I see anything different I'll report back. I hope this helps a little. ... now if you said SGT York owned it... :)

Odd my 2011 book says 2,700 =100% 2300 =95% and 1,900 =90%....so between 2011 and 2014 the book value dropped near in half? odd

Hard to establish a value with prices all over the place,, Grrr

I agree with most of the other posters, and yes the polished blue isn't something you stumble across every day but that price seems awfully high.

When you get into the upper 5% of condition, there will be significant variation in price. 95% is probably not anything official, but maybe it is a truly exceptional example. Exceptional firearms can bring exceptional prices. You should consider having an objective grading performed. I have found that most folks tend to over-grade their firearms, which is certainly understandable. I'm not saying it's not 95%, but if you are inquiring about price for insurance purposes, then you may want to document it to the standard grading scale with photos and notes.

David Albert

[email protected]

• 1 month later...