OCL 1918 Trench Knife

Skip Pickett

Hello everyone:

It's been a while since I've picked up a nice fighting knife and I was surprised to come upon this one. At first glance, I thought it was the norm - an LF&C 1917 but got a re-boot when I saw the "OCL 1918". This one is not that common is it? Thanks for any input and background.

Skip

post-9799-0-49679900-1486058157_thumb.jpg

Hey Skip! From my experience, these are really tough to find. You just rarely ever see O.C.L. or H.D.S marked ones. Great find!

Very nice find that is the first O. C. L. I have ever seen , it is very similar in appearance to my A. C. Co. ,thanks for posting it .

I agree w tarheel - really hard to find. One guy has been trying to sell one on the show circuit for a while now. He was asking $1500. I have seen a few of the HDS ones also - even though they are listed as cheaper in the price book, they seem scarcer to me.

Nice find!!

I have never had my hands on an "HD&S", not sure if I have seen one for sale anywhere. But, I did buy an "OCL" w/ scabbard in a pawn shop for $10 in 1972. Still have it. That was a deal! SKIP

Thanks for all of the input. I've thought about keeping it (my fatal flaw) but my toy money is kinda thin. I get the feeling it will be one of those; "I wish I had kept it...", but sometimes we just have to choose.

Best regards!

Skip

Greetings Skip,

Welcome to the OCL Club! Here’s a thread I did on this series of knives http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-allies-great-britain-france-usa-etc-1914-1918/u-s-m-1917-m-1918-trench-knives-yes-just-wooden-handled-ones-577741/

V/r Lance

BTW, Lance - great research article. I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for doing it.

Cliff

BTW, Lance - great research article. I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for doing it.

Cliff

Greetings Cliff,

I got tired of repeating myself. :) Now, I just attach the hyperlink and kick back.

V/r Lance