WWII III Corps "Ritchie Boy" Interrogator Grouping- IPW Team 119

Timberwolf

Hopefully everyone will enjoy this group as much as I have. TSgt. M. was a German born Jew that came to the US in 1937. Unfortunately I'm still in the process of trying to determine how he made his way to the US but both parents made it over to the states with him. He then attended high school in Washington, D.C. How he joined the intelligence service I'm not certain but he attended the US Army Medical Technician course from August of 43 to December of 44. He later completed the Military Intelligence Training Center's Course #18 in June of 1944.He was alerted on 12 June 1944, then sailed on the SS Brazil (?) from Boston on 27 June 1944 as part of 40 IPW teams and arrived in Scotland on 3 July 1944.

He was part of IPW Team #119. IPW teams were trained at Camp Ritchie, Maryland as interrogators and were called "Ritchie Boys" which were made up of German born Jews who were fluent in various languages.

I'd love to know what a medical technician was doing as part of an IPW team. I'm guessing that this soldier more than likely acted as a medical technician within the camp treating German POW's and would glean information from their conversations?

There's some really great paperwork including his original Reisepass from his pre-war years as a younger teen, and immigration papers. His military related paperwork include his medical technician graduation diploma, diploma from Camp Ritchie, and various passes. He also brought home an original photo of Goering and Galland. Also included is his ike jacket.

I hope you enjoy this group!

post-19184-0-94980000-1485739946.jpg

post-19184-0-80868000-1485739999_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...