Anyone ever see this when listing on Ebay?

Steve S.

Was listing a M4 bayonet & it wouldn't list until I removed the word "bayonet" . Got this on the first attempt.

Oops, it looks like you missed something. Please fix the problem below.

You can't complete this listing right now. See below for details.

Bayonets designed to fit military weapons are prohibited under our Firearms Policy. Please do not attempt to relist this item.

If bayonets are against their policy, they have a couple thousand listings to remove! :blink:

vintageproductions

Your listing just happened to get caught by the in place Ebay sensors. Not all get caught and most make it through to the listings.

yeah, just typed in bayonet under militaria & over 4000 popped up. Just making sure that this wasn't some "new safety policy" to save us from hurting ourselves! Gotta love it!

could be a competitor turned it in. you might want to re write the listing and don't say bayonet use numerical designation such if you can. good luck. Try listing it from another computer, thier system may recognize the IP address. good luck.

Try wording the title exactly like the others on eBay. I use the word knife instead of bayonet. The people buying it will know what it is.

Without the government and eBay nazis, how would we ever live? We'd all cover ourselves with Purple Hearts, medals of honor ribbons, and stab ourselves with bayonets. Thank goodness they are here to protect us from these horrors.

Thanks for the info,Steve S. The policy is listed under "Firerarms Parts and Accessories" The operative phrase is in the "Not Allowed" catatgory; "Bayonets designed to fit an assault weapon". I haven't sold an M4 bayonet since last year. Is this policy new?

Marv

bayonet for a assault BB gun - :D

I have had some German items taken off even though I covered up the swaz but go to ebay and see how many german items with the swaz in plain view -

Yes it's M4 that triggers it same with AK and a few other words if you put in the title. Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayonet for a assault BB gun - :D

I have had some German items taken off even though I covered up the swaz but go to ebay and see how many german items with the swaz in plain view -

You not only have to be careful with the wording, but what you show in some cases.

Their detection system basically is a computer that checks for certain combinations of words. To the computer, the M4 can be the current carbine - it will let it pass sometimes depending on how the rest is worded. Obviously just M4 and bayonet will not trigger the system as there are something like 40 right now that use M4 and bayonet in the title alone.

As mdk0911 has found with the swastika, even not mentioning an item can cause problems when some person reports it. Sometime back I posted a uniform that had the ribbon for the Purple Heart along with the rest of his awards on it. I did not mention the Purple Heart in any way. It was pulled in just a few hours along with the message that it could not be relisted. Obviously some person had notified eBay that it was there.

The day after it was pulled, I got an email from a person in Oregon (as I recall, may have been Washington) asking if it was still for sale and saying that they were with a museum and that the uniform would fit their collection and they would really like to get it. The email hinted that I should sell it to them cheap since they were a museum, and actually offered a price less than I had listed for the opening bid. I removed the Purple Heart ribbon and relisted the coat, and sold it for a reasonable price, about 3 times what they had offered.. I am reasonably sure that that person was the one who notified eBay and hoped that then they could buy it at a much lower price than it would otherwise go for. Yes, I did include the ribbon to the buyer along with an explanation of why it was not on the uniform.

eBay has its problems, and I wish there was a good alternative, but in reality it is still by far the best venue for seeing things I am interested in. I have been on eBay for almost 20 years, and although I almost never buy anything anymore I still check it regularly

You not only have to be careful with the wording, but what you show in some cases.

Their detection system basically is a computer that checks for certain combinations of words. To the computer, the M4 can be the current carbine - it will let it pass sometimes depending on how the rest is worded. Obviously just M4 and bayonet will not trigger the system as there are something like 40 right now th

at use M4 and bayonet in the title alone.

As mdk0911 has found with the swastika, even not mentioning an item can cause problems when some person reports it. Sometime back I posted a uniform that had the ribbon for the Purple Heart along with the rest of his awards on it. I did not mention the Purple Heart in any way. It was pulled in just a few hours along with the message that it could not be relisted. Obviously some person had notified eBay that it was there.

The day after it was pulled, I got an email from a person in Oregon (as I recall, may have been Washington) asking if it was still for sale and saying that they were with a museum and that the uniform would fit their collection and they would really like to get it. The email hinted that I should sell it to them cheap since they were a museum, and actually offered a price less than I had listed for the opening bid. I removed the Purple Heart ribbon and relisted the coat, and sold it for a reasonable price, about 3 times what they had offered.. I am reasonably sure that that person was the one who notified eBay and hoped that then they could buy it at a much lower price than it would otherwise go for. Yes, I did include the ribbon to the buyer along with an explanation of why it was not on the uniform.

eBay has its problems, and I wish there was a good alternative, but in reality it is still by far the best venue for seeing things I am interested in. I have been on eBay for almost 20 years, and although I almost never buy anything anymore I still check it regularly

Gary

Your situation with the uniform is pretty common on ebay.People will get the listing cancelled and then contact you wanting to buy it.Typically they make initial contact asking a question about size, shipping etc to open a communication path so they can contact you after auction is pulled or they can contact you through other options or a current running item.