WW2 Jungle Boots.... NOT!

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

Buyer Beware!!! These are commonly put up on Ebay and they are also on some dealer's websites as jungle boots. Some folks have been buying them as such. There are several pair up on the auction site now. They are not jungle boots. For those who do not know, they are civilian wading/fishing boots. I have seen them with the felt sole as this pair has and also with a tread like the WW2 jungle boots. But they are not a rare variation of the WW2 issue jungle boots.

post-115-0-47630100-1484868644_thumb.jpg

post-115-0-66117000-1484868717_thumb.jpg

post-115-0-50038200-1484868727_thumb.jpg

Schnicklfritz

Yea, they look bad, but unfortunately apparently a lot of folks believe they are a rare variation of WW2 era jungle boots. This pair on Ebay has a bid on it now for like $150.00

Here is another pair below on Ebay now too for a BIN of $249.00

post-115-0-43804200-1485006459_thumb.jpg

Schnicklfritz

the felt on the soles has worn away on this pair. I have seen other pair that do have the WW2 style treaded sole on them. Same style otherwise.

post-115-0-05488900-1485006636.jpg

vintageproductions

People are also buying these because they are vintage boots / sneakers and are good in the fashion business.

For what it's worth, the shoes shown in the posts 5-7 by Snicklefritz appear to be U.S. Navy wading shoes, which were intended for flying boat beaching personnel, not jungle boots. The boots are illustrated in the Class 37 Aviation Supply Catalog from May 1945. It states "five in. uppers are khaki cloth and sturdy rubber soles". They are shown to have nine eyelets and three drain holes. They would have been worn in warmer weather, when the full rubber suit was unnecessary.

Regards, Paul

Schnicklfritz

Thanks for the info about the boots. Learn something new everyday. Are there variations to these? The pair I came across locally had a tread on them like the real WW2 Jungle boot. They came out of an estate and as far as I know, the original owner was not in the military. I was under the impression they were civilian fishing boots.