ID Help on this strange US Marine tab 1955-1959 era

268th C.A.

I need help with this strange USMC Tab, My friend gave me this and said it was his. He was in between 1955-1959 He said he was attached to the 1st Marines. But had alot of sea duty. This is a simple made tab and is inked stamed "MARINE" looks like it may have been glued on or Iron on. Anybody ever see one like this before? Thanks, David

post-87654-0-25458000-1484689386.jpg

post-87654-0-45759800-1484689412.jpg

post-87654-0-08601000-1484689427.jpg

Interesting piece. My first thought was novelty/PX piece as well but that is just a gut feeling. The stamped Marine looks like it was done from the letters found in the old ink/marking kit everyone marked their t-shirts, etc with. It also has a crude/theater made look to it. Any possibility he picked it up in Okinawa? It also has a look to me of what I've seen the Dutch Marines wear. Possible he got it through a patch trade? I know. I'm all over the map on this.

Leatherneck72

Looks like it's from an old tour jacket, or possibly a trade with a foreign Marine Corps. Many of them use tabs like that.

I served active duty 1956 - 1959. Not something I recall seeing, (not that that means a lot - LOL) even on Okinawa where most things on our HBTs were embroidered. Agree it looks like a 'souvenir' type piece. Semper Fi......Bobgee