• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sundance

sundance
  • Members
    • Member ID: 67,879
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

I recently picked up an item not knowing exactly what it was but hoping it was a "bail out" bottle. Since it was cheap I figured I couldn't go too far wrong. The shop owner wasn't sure what it was. It's a steel (I'd guess) gas cylinder 9" tall, about 3 1/2" in diameter with a Kidde X4015 valve marked G that is just over 3 1/4" tall on top. The top half of the tank is painted red and the bottom is yellow. the top portion has the following stamped on it: Non Shatterable , US Govt. 6-43, ICC 3A1800, K71958F and WK & Co. Painted on the side is "Air or Nitrogen,Gas Charge 1500Lbs. per sq. in. max, Mount Valve something and Gun Charger". I haven't found the item on the internet but did see a wartime ad by Kidde stating something about a gun charger being able to clear a jam in a planes machine guns. Sorry no picture. Anyone know what this gas bottle is? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Maj. McRoy

Maj. McRoy
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 170,985
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

I'm guessing you've answered your own question. I suspect the cylinder was what drove the charger mechanism and was a replaceable part.   I found a reference here;

https://books.google...Charger&f=false

Edited by Maj. McRoy, 18 September 2017 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users