WWI Inter-allied Games Medals

Intern

I have an inquiry regarding a collection of competition medals won by 1st LT. Lloyd Griffin, 322nd Inf., at the Inter-allied Games in Paris, 1919. I am attempting to identify at which level (regimental, divisional, national, international) each of these medals were awarded. First Lieutenant Griffin won the first place medal as part of the pistol shooting team at these games; any help in identifying these awards is most appreciated. Thank you.

post-96808-0-94378600-1484253595.jpg

post-96808-0-70982400-1484253605.jpg

post-96808-0-96799500-1484253630.jpg

• 2 years later...

That is an International award - I suspect for the US TEAM. The individual winner of the revolver shooting competition was a Master Sergeant Kelly. You can see his award at the CMP (civilian marksmanship program) website. It is somewhere under a history section. I have never seen one of these for the shooting competition other than the one on the CMP website.

Three of the revolvers used in the competition surfaced a couple of years ago within a few months of each other - one of which I own. They were Smith & Wesson M&P Model of 1905s in .38 Special. All 3 I have seen are engraved (pantograph) with the names of the competitors from the US team as presented by the YMCA (or by Dr. C.C. Park who was heavily involved in the YMCA during WW1).

The names on the revolvers are:

H. N. Nelson

Lieutenant Infantry

A. W. Long

18th Field Artillery

Orelon B. Stauffer

306th Engineers

Your medal for Lt Nelson - he came in 8th place in the competition

iag-scores.jpg

Here is what a participant's badge looks like:

IAG-participant.jpg

Here is the revolver I have. Mine is in the least good condition. The other two are almost pristine

IAG-revolver.jpg

• 4 years later...

I tried to attach a copy of the pistol given to Corp. Ernest C Miller but was unsuccessful. We’re these pistols the revolvers used in the competition? I have searched for information on the specs of the range etc. Anything that you can share will be appreciated. Thanks.