What are these EGA insignia?

Gator

To all,

I apologize as to if this is not the best placed to post but I figured it was as close as I could get. In the scan you will see a photo of a pair of screwed back (post) USMC insignia with the obvious ACA abbreviation. What is not obvious is what does ACA stand for. I have spent an hour looking to ID as I honestly plan to offer them for sale here on the Forum but want to be educated. I will add that it appears to be enamel behind the EGA. Additionally they are approximately 24mm across in size

Thanks in advance

Mark

post-5028-0-42280100-1484143763_thumb.jpg

Gator,

The first thing that came to mind was @ss Clown Academy....maybe something someone on the MEF staff would wear.

Joking aside looks like some JRotc type device.

Beast that sounds like a good possibility. I wonder as to what time frame these are. I read the link on the history but it was not really clear on the "ACA" part.

Thanks as I know more now than I did yesterday

Mark

SgtMaddoxUSMC

At least post-1955 based on the emblem design, but other than that, no idea.. Is there anything on the reverse of the devices at all?

• 3 weeks later...

GATOR - TRYING TO CONTACT YOU NOT RE THIS POST, BUT A PREVIOUS POST ABOUT ANDRAL BRATTON. I HAVE INFO AND A LETTER HE WROTE WHILE IN THE PHILIPPINES DATED 2/17/1945 TO HIS WIFE. I AM A GENEALOGIST AND HAVE FAMILY INFO ON HIM AND WHERE HE WOUND UP. CONTACT ME PLEASE [email protected] CHEERS - JENNY