US Air Force Intercepts UFO 1956

superchief

It's only Revell's Starfighter and Lindberg's Flying Saucer, both popular kits in the 1950's...They're actually rebuilds of my old kits, new paint, decals, and a lot of fun.

post-162620-0-83963600-1483849226_thumb.jpg

The Revell jet was rebuilt with out getting rid of the large rivets, pretty much stock, the UFO I added a fin to imitate the flying saucer from the movie "The Thing from Outer Space".

post-162620-0-24459200-1483849435.jpg

post-162620-0-35503800-1483849505.jpg

bunkerhillburning

Superchief - you've got some real talent and a great sense of imagination.

Any other mock ups for viewing?

Outstanding. I especially like picture No. 3 looks super realistic. Are these 1/732 scale? Thanks very much for sharing another modeling highlight!

Lars

Hi Lars

The Starfire was a Revell "Box Scale" from the mid-1950's. It's 1/56 scale which is kind of odd but remember that Revell designed the box first (with cool box art paintings of what the model inside was supposed to look like) and then cast the plastic parts to fit the box. Hey, it was the 1950's, anything was possible regarding plastic models. The flying saucer was about 1/48 scale at least the spaceman figure is close to 1/48 scale pilots. Thanks for the positive comments.

BH Burning

Yes,I have a couple of things that don't relate to US military models I don't think the moderators would find WWI British soldiers a good fit for this site. However I've come across some more 1950 era "Top Secret" intelligence photos, I'll post them soon. Thanks for the kind words.

Awesome!!! Very cool display idea and great work on the models!

Here's an ad from a 1950s Lindberg catalog for the flying saucer kit:

post-11320-0-43980100-1483997953.jpg

• 2 months later...