Can someone identify this thing?

jcsoup

I would guess its some sort of schedule for a company. Looks like 3 shifts. Saying basically our soldiers dont miss a day. Not sure what the Japanese images mean.

I think Joe is on the right track with it being a schedule... probably for a war production factory.

"Does not miss a day" and "Their faces shall not show in my country" lead me to believe that the person on each line would strive to show up every single day to cover the Japanese face for that day. At the end of the week you want all people to have all days covered... thus their faces shall not show.

Production daily attendance tracker is exactly what it is. If you look close, there's an erased word at the top, that may say "TOOLING" or something close.

When you show up on Monday, you put a slash or "X" in your box for that day, thereby canceling out the image there.

Divided into AM, PM, and evening shifts.

Pretty neat piece. If I could buy that, I would in a flash.

Thanks for sharing it.

It is coming up in a local auction in the next few weeks. The auction house does not know any of the history behind it. I intially thought it may have been related to civil defense patrols, but I now think you are right. it was probabably a scheduling board from one of the local mills. It would be nice to get it into a museum where it could be conserved.

That is cool. I agree with above.Looks like a work schedule for a factory that was open 24hrs a day(3 shifts), except Sunday.The tank & ship on the bottom are neat and the slogan "THEY DO NOT MISS A DAY". I hope you can snag it.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have bought stuff from this auction company and I have had three items go to museums. One went to the Holocaust Museum (a ribbon worn to a 1938 convention to raise awareness on the deportation of Jews from Nazi Germany), one to a WWI exhibit (a tiny patented trench guard that protects a watch crystal from shrapnel), and one to a Hollywood museum (a fraternal pin). This piece would be great for the WWII museum in New Orleans or the museum at the Navy base in Pensacola. They both have great Homefront exhibits.