UNIDENTIFIED AAF / CFS / RAF INSIGNIA

COOKIEMAN

Purchased this patch at the SOS 10 Years ago, and still do not have a positive ID. I believe it is associated with one of the six Contract Flying Schools that trained RAF students. Or it could belong to one of the 7 British Flying Training Schools operating in the USA during WW2.

I might mention, it is a smaller patch, 2 inches in diameter. This size would suggest it is a scarf or cap insignia. What say you?

post-14361-0-99795400-1483115743.jpg

Possible "Eagle Squadron" Link ??????? (US pilots Flying with Brit units WW2)

When I saw the patch ES was the first thing that hit me. The eagle looks just like theirs.

vintageproductions

I always thought this was for one of the British flight units that did their training in the US.

I always thought this was for one of the British flight units that did their training in the US.

I'm inclined to be thinking along these lines as well, and unless someone comes up with a positive ID on this design to the

contrary, here's a list of flight school's contracted with the U.S. Government to provide training for fledgling RAF pilots during WWII.

1.] Terrell Aviation School / Terrell, TX

2.] Polaris Flight Academy / Lancaster, CA	      3.] Spartan School / Miami, OK	4.] Southwest Airways / Mesa, AZ	5.] Riddle-McKay Aero School / Clewiston, FL	6.] Darr Flight School / Ponca City, OK	7.] Aviation Enterprises / Sweetwater, TX

If nothing else turns up this may at least help in your research into the history of this patch.

There were also numerous Advanced Training Programs provided for RAF aircrew conducted by the USAAF, but my list of all these is

as yet incomplete.

God hunting.

Bob