River Division 515 to RPG 58

Bearmon

These are two patches I picked up recently, I didn't have a good photo of the RPG 58 patches when I bought them. Imagine my surprise when I got them in and saw the embroidery on one of the RPG 58 patches.

River Division 515 became VNN River Patrol Group 58 in 1971 I believe. some nice patches. If any can tie these into operating Base Kien An that would be great I cannot make the connection, they all came from the same source.

post-582-0-74073200-1482253340.jpgpost-582-0-97325900-1482253372.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bearmon,

I don't know how I missed your post. Those are some great patches. That hand embroidered one is stunning. As far as OB Kien An. This was kinda of an obscure base but River Division 515 operated in and around the area of Kien An . So I would not be surprised they may have been there at some time.

Regards, Mitch

Hi Bearmon,

I don't know how I missed your post. Those are some great patches. That hand embroidered one is stunning. As far as OB Kien An. This was kinda of an obscure base but River Division 515 operated in and around the area of Kien An . So I would not be surprised they may have been there at some time.

Regards, Mitch

Mitch thanks, the reason I asked about the connection was due to this patch which also came with the group,

post-582-0-50657500-1483065671.jpg

• 6 months later...
Vietsailer1

Hello, I served in the RPG 58 Brown water Navy as an US advisor from October 1970 to July 1971. My base of operation was in IV corp in the village of Roc Soi. The river Group was turned over to the V N Navy prior to my arrival in October. There were at least 3 US Navy river divisions represented in the Advisory team. I never saw or knew of a RPG 58 patch so the patch probably isn't from RPG58.

Thanks

Hello, I served in the RPG 58 Brown water Navy as an US advisor from October 1970 to July 1971. My base of operation was in IV corp in the village of Roc Soi. The river Group was turned over to the V N Navy prior to my arrival in October. There were at least 3 US Navy river divisions represented in the Advisory team. I never saw or knew of a RPG 58 patch so the patch probably isn't from RPG58.

Thanks

Thanks for the remarks, I have found another ID for this patch, the 58th River Recon Patrol, on Vintage Productions Website.

firefighter

Not sure how I missed these from December, but hose are some amazing patches. The hand embroidered one is very unique.It looks like someone added the embroidery over a printed patch, first I've seen like that.