WW2 Army Aircorp boots

cerick1450

Hi all

I was given these boots from a friend. They belonged to an WW2 Army Aircorp Capt that was a Dr and surgeon with the 654th Bomb Squadron in Europe. What type are they? Any information is appreciated.

post-13198-0-18346900-1481740605.jpg

Look like the AAF A-6 winter flight boots before they added the straps...nice condition...make great slippers too...

Straps were added in 44? so yours predate 1944...

the jackets and trousers tend to disintegrate over time...but the boots...the boots usually are found in good shape ..when found, I can't recall too many of the boots being in a dry rot state

The boots typically suffer from frozen zippers or the rubber soles often harden from age and temperature changes due to often being in attics

Yours are very nice A6 boots.I was just curious if the lable was in them.I have seem examples made by Hood Rubber Company.

The boots were given to the Dr. by a crew member of a B17, to "Keep his feet warm". The Dr. always said that the boots had flown over Europe in the B17 and then he used them for the remainder of the war... He brought them home after he was discharged in 1945.

Thank you for the help..