Added a new I-MAC patch

digi-shots

I don't usually collect new patches, but this new camo one caught my eye and thought I'd add it to some of the others.

Thanks for looking!

post-4361-0-83832200-1481676688_thumb.jpg

That is a great patch and actually makes sense to see it in woodland. MARSOC is advising the Afghan Commandos (who wear woodland camouflage uniforms) and are wearing woodland Dri-Fire clothing and sometimes modified BDU sets.

Never seen one before either, but love it and wouldn't hesitate to have it in my collection.

marsoc-whit-drifire-uniform (1).jpg

Nkomo or a few others can probably solve this mystery pretty quickly. I've seen the traditional blue but have quite a few that came directly out of theater with various "earth tone" backgrounds like the one below.

post-150797-0-33018300-1481825719.jpg

USMarineCorps

I'm pretty sure it's Philippine made for the MARSOC advisors there (JSOTF-P). I have one straight from Camp Navarro, Zamboanga, and the construction is similar (even though the design isn't). Mine is also embroidered on Cordura.

Here are a few more versions in this pic. These all camp from Camp Leatherneck / Bastion Afghanistan 2014 a few months before we turned it over to the Afghans.

post-1604-0-43756900-1481849426.jpg

USMarineCorps

Here are a few more versions in this pic. These all camp from Camp Leatherneck / Bastion Afghanistan 2014 a few months before we turned it over to the Afghans.

Man I love that 1st SFG patch. Great stuff!

Here is one of mine that is theater made in Afghanistan. Pretty faded and still has some dust on it.

Love the skull on that one Arch. The patch has a great been there look.

Because MARSOC does not openly condone the wearing of the Raider patch on the combat uniform, each team makes there on before deployment (wears them anyway, but away from the command). This probably means that there will be an endless supply of unique patches produced. That just makes it hard for a collector to verify what he is getting, is real. Good and bad I guess.

• 1 month later...
USMarineCorps

I asked (and looked) around and I'm pretty certain that this patch was made by Ghost Army Tactical @ Virginia Beach, Virginia. They make a lot of stuff for the SEALs and the MARSOC operators...

USMarineCorps

I asked (and looked) around and I'm pretty certain that this patch was made by Ghost Army Tactical @ Virginia Beach, Virginia. They make a lot of stuff for the SEALs and the MARSOC operators...

I asked G.A.T. and they did make this exact patch (the ones you showed) on request of a MARSOC operator. It seems like you got yourself a good one ;)

• 3 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

Here are the different variants I was talking about earlier. On the left there's the Afghan made patch (from Camp Integrity) for the Drifire M81 Woodland shirt. Next to it is the Ghost Army Tactical patch which was made for a Virginia Beach MARSOC operator on LBT cordura woodland. On the right is a super rare Philippine made MARSOC patch from Camp Navarro, Zamboanga, 2015 (also on cordura).

post-54106-0-21908900-1486902541_thumb.jpg