1944 Army Air Force reference book reprinted in 1988?

Martinjmpr

Just picked this up for $3 at a thrift store. What it appears to be is a 1944 guide book to the history, organzation and equipment of the USAAF that was re-printed in hardback in 1988. Anyone else seen this?

I'm really not an AAF or even a WWII collector but I do like reference books and for $3 I couldn't pass it up. Anyone else have this book or know of anything similar?

What I like about it is that even though it was published in 1988 it is just a straight up repro of a 1944 era book so the information that is in it should be contemporary as to the WWII period.

post-154311-0-13673400-1481563519_thumb.jpg

That is awesome. I have a copy of the original but it is starting to lose pages. I'd love to have something like this I could look at and not have to worry about messing up an original.

Yes, I have one that I bought shortly after it came out and they used to be found regularly on the "discount book" table in many of the discount book stores. I think I paid about $5 but have only seen maybe one other since then. I have about ten of the original paperbacks and there are different printings of that, too. I find the larger hardback reprint to be so much more user friendly and I reference it rather frequently. Thanks for sharing. Jim