angus & coote pilot

Costa

To me, the manufacturer lettering on the reverse appears to be the very clear and crisp type, which is the indication of a fake.. The originals I am familiar with have the less precise (somewhat blurred) lettering.

A better photo of the lettering would help. And, somewhere on this forum are some threads on this exact topic.

To me, the manufacturer lettering on the reverse appears to be the very clear and crisp type, which is the indication of a fake.. The originals I am familiar with have the less precise (somewhat blurred) lettering.

A better photo of the lettering would help. And, somewhere on this forum are some threads on this exact topic.

Better images would be helpful...my thoughts were to the frontal casting flaw...I didn't think the copies included that.Also, the pin looks correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Flightpath

Hi,

I had a A&C Pilot and Technical Observer wings 35 years ago when I lived in Melbourne Australia, I wrote to Angus & Coote in Sydney and received a reply saying that they still have all the dies for the US badges they made during the war. I think this is a good one.

By the way, the Technical Observer wings had a silver (coloured) pin, the pin was missing from the Pilot wing so I made one from silver.

cheers, John