Collins No. 128 Machete

SKIPH

Received a Collins No. 128 Machete that I had bid on last week. Blade is 22 1/2" in length, with stacked leather handle capped with brass guard, and pommel. I really like these older Pre-WW2 machetes. Haven't taken a picture yet, but have a photo of the no. 127, which is the same handle, but only a 17 1/2" blade. The 127 has a "U S E D" (US Engineer Dept) stamped on blade, and have the original, but repaired tooled leather scabbard. The no. 128 has no US markings, or scabbard, but it's a nice one, no dinged up blade, leather washers in tact. I'm posting a photo of the 127, handles are identical. Gonna try to pick up the L.L. Bean version next time I see one. SKIP

20140604_091736_resized_1.jpg

It was an older picture I had of the 127, not the new 128. Still don't have a camera, rather spend money on knives. Soon, I'm feeling pressured. LOL! SKIP

Ha Ha Ha! Not quite! The 127 was taken by my collector coworker with some kind of I-pad. Takes great pics. But, I have all I can do to use my 4 year old cell phone that takes tiny pics, and can do a bunch of other stuff that the instruction book doesn't even mention how to do. I had a great camera but one of my adult children screwed it up. So at some point I'll break down and get a new one, that has simple, easy to understand instructions. SKIP