Aerial M6

SDC

A neighbor showed me what he thought was his father's Korean War "carbine bayonet". It turned out to be an M6 by Aerial which is not KW era as I understand it. Are these particularly hard to find or more valued than the M4s, 5s, and 7s? Thank you

post-3625-0-54843100-1480297438_thumb.jpeg

post-3625-0-88501000-1480297453_thumb.jpeg

Not uncommon, and generally worth as much as any other M6, which is comparable to M5/5A1s and common M7s. Of course, the leather handled M4s are worth more, but the plastic handled M4s are in the same ballpark as the M5-M7s.

I paid about 65.00 a pop for unissued examples. They were Vietnam war issues that fit a M-14 rifle I'm pretty sure. Nice stuff in my book. Very affordable!

As M6's go the Aerials are not as often run across as the Milpars or the Imperials, still I'd agree not uncommon. As a side note, Camillus produced blades for the early Aerial M6 which are known to have a little finer and darker finish that later production. Don't believe there are any defining marks for identification.

I fully concur with all the other statements. Unlike Aerial M4s, which are not easy to find, the M6s seem to be more available. M6s in general are easily located, and many times still in the wrapper. Suspect that has a lot to do with the fairly short service life of the M-14 rifle. Glad it has made a comeback to some extent. SKIP