Korean War - Camp Mower Question

Okie

Still working to put together my father-in-laws location and assignment during the Korean War. He passed in 2013 and never talked his two stints in the Army. He would only joke that when he got out in 1948, the recruiting Sgt.told him how much money he could pocket if he would stay in the reserves. That got him a trip to Japan in 1950.

I found his DD214 form today after a long search. I'm hoping someone here can confirm that I understand what it says. It's obvious that he was with the Quartermaster Corps assigned to the Fifth Army Area. But then it shows him with the 8023rd Army Unit at Camp Mower. I found Japan Logistical Command patches in his personnel possessions.

As I put this together it appears that he was with the Japan Logistical Command which was a part of the Quartermaster Corp (I can't confirm this though). He was in the 8023 AU within the JLC stationed at Camp Mower. Does this sound reasonable?

So on his left should would be the JLC, would his collar been the US with the Quartermaster collar disk that was used in WWII? The reason for the questions is that I am creating a shadow box for my mother-in-law for Christmas and trying to make sure that I have this all correct.

Thanks

Ron

Doc10.pdf

post-164139-0-28242200-1479604921_thumb.jpg