New Michigan Military Museum

ScottG

Hello all,

Just wanted to share pics from the new Michigan Military Heritage Museum we just opened on Friday. Take the captions and article with a grain of salt, it is the media after all...

The Michigan Military Heritage Museum is located at 153 N. Union St. in Grass Lake MI. It is the Mt. Hope Rd. exit (150) off of I-94 between Ann Arbor and Jackson. Hours for the winter are Wed, Sat, Sun 11-5. Hope you enjoy the pics. More can be found at www.GLAHC.com or on Facebook at the Grass Lake Area Historical Society. A new MMHM web site will come soon. Scott.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2016/11/michigan_war_heroes_stories_to.html

Scott

That is fantastic. I will be sure to swing by at some point. By the looks of how much stuff is on display you may have room in your basement now:)

Congrats

Bob

Looking forward to having you out Bob, and any other members that find themselves driving the I-94 corridor. There is a bit more room in the old basement, but now I can try to remedy that with my personal collection! Scott

• 3 months later...

We are up and running and could use some love on Facebook! Please feel free to give us some likes, shares, and even visit if you are driving the I-94 corridor. Our WWI exhibit may be the most comprehensive in the nation on public display and the other exhibits are shaping up nicely. A couple of highlights are 2 USS Indianapolis groups, A USS Rowan group, a 501st grouping with Eagles Nest items, and many other great stories! Thanks for looking and hope to see you all! Scott

https://www.facebook.com/mimilitaryheritagemuseum/

post-104832-0-63643300-1487998851_thumb.jpg

post-104832-0-71706100-1487998869_thumb.jpg

post-104832-0-16057300-1487998888_thumb.jpg

Some more photos of the exhibits and items in the new museum. The entrance is a representation of a guard shack as we are located just down the street from a former WWII POW Camp called Camp Waterloo in Grass Lake MI. It housed about 1000 German prisoners and was a year round facility from 43-46. Prior to that, M.P.s were trained there and before that it was a CCC Camp. Scott

post-104832-0-94711700-1488048690_thumb.jpg

I gotta make it up there. I have no excuse with you being only an hour away. Very nice

Bob

I'm sitting here right now Bob, see you in an hour! :D Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We are already undergoing a renovation so check us out on Facebook at Michigan Military Heritage Museum. Lot's of great stuff coming through the doors weekly and some fun events coming up! Give us a like and follow the news. Thanks everyone! Scott