Rear Admiral Edward David Sheafer Jr. Auction

dskjl

I found this group on Ebay a bit late so i couldn't keep it all together but i got some of it.

The seller told me he bought this all at the estate auction, much of what was sold went for big bucks and the family kept most of the militaria.

post-8016-0-79631400-1477931913_thumb.jpg

Great group!!

Love the medals on the White Chokers and the picture of the Admiral and President Reagan!!

I was fortunate to be able to win the Admiral's custom belt buckle. When I receive it I will post it.

Chris

Congrats on the buckle, I was late to the eBay auction and negotiating for the wholngroupbwhen items started getting sold like your buckle.

Please post the bucke here if you would it would be nice to see it together.

I don't have it yet but I understand the family kept all the named medals. I'm glad the held onto some of there dads special pieces, too often they are thrown out or lost because of a lack of interest.

More pics once it's all here.

I received the Admiral's belt buckle today. This is a buckle he had made when he was a USN Captain and was the 7th Fleet Intel Officer.

Chris

post-10825-0-16137600-1478178235_thumb.jpeg

I received the Admiral's belt buckle today. This is a buckle he had made when he was a USN Captain and was the 7th Fleet Intel Officer.

Chris

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Very cool congrats on what looks like a very nice piece.

Thanks for posting.

The uniform showed up today and its in very good shape, no named medals but a very nice piece. The admiral was pretty big guy 50 long jacket and 44 athletic pants and long. The silver medallion in post #4 may be 7oz of silver, fingers crossed this could be my lucky day.

Well, i haven't tested it but cant find any marking suggesting it's anything other than silver filled, I can see a sprue with a tinge of copper color to it so i'm going with silver filled.

Chris

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yeah...nice buckle. I have three of my own that I had made in the PI. Those are said to be made from the old springs of Jeepneys:

post-9529-0-91885800-1478541677_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
PhilippineBuckles

I just came across this thread, but I'll add that I was able to buy an oval belt buckle (for a civilian belt) that was probably made at the same time as the rectangular uniform belt buckle Chris picked up when these came up on ebay in 2016.

Does anyone know what the 1630 is referring to on these two buckles?

post-170933-0-09938300-1509227309_thumb.jpg

Great looking buckle!! I remember this one.

I know he was an Intel Officer, and I thought the 1360 or 1630 was an officer designator code, but I can't find a 1360 or a 1630 designator code used by the Navy.

Maybe Dave would know???

Chris