Souvenir Japanese Type 99

STG44

A weapons purist might cry at the carving, but I'd bet that if you had this hanging on the wall it would be the first thing non-collectors would ask about.

I bet you are right. I can picture this rifle hanging on a wall in the vet's den and I'm sure everyone asked him about it.

Boy that looks unissued. I like the carving. I can see the other side though since the stock is so pristine. Overall I think it's nicely done and a plus.

I didn't take any pictures yet of the other side but it is as nice as the side shown.

Sadly, the mum is ground.

Since this rifle is worth much anyways I think the carving doesn't hurt its value too much.

• 1 month later...

I didn't take any pictures yet of the other side but it is as nice as the side shown.

Sadly, the mum is ground.

Since this rifle is worth much anyways I think the carving doesn't hurt its value too much.

I would say it actually adds value IMO.

nice rifle,

-Brian

Looks to be in really good condition and I agree, the carving just adds to the interest. Seems like there are lots of Arisakas out there for sale (and surprisingly affordable - relatively speaking) but very very few with any kind of vet capture markings. Love those battlefield photos which include Marines/Soldiers with a captured Arisaka slung on their back.