Women Marine Corps Rank's

irish

Wow, some great chevrons in there! It also answers a question I had in another thread about the grey chevrons w/o crossed rifles. Thanks for posting!

Wow, some great chevrons in there! It also answers a question I had in another thread about the grey chevrons w/o crossed rifles. Thanks for posting!

Your welcome, glad it helped out.

• 2 years later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Irish,

Do you know who put this board together at all? I am the new caretaker of it as of last week.

• 9 months later...

This board was once part of the collection of Marjorie Jean Mueller. She started collecting Military insignia during WWII and at one time had one of the premier collections in the US. Marge was a long time member of ASMIC and attended the OVMS shows.

I had the good fortune to be invited to view her collection in 1992. I remember seeing this board among all the others displaying her chevron collection. She rarely let anyone visit her for that purpose. She was a frequent contributor to the ASMIC Trading Post and a frequent exhibitor at the Annual ASMIC Convention.

Sadly she passed away in 2011. Her obituary follows:

Marjorie Jean Mueller, 89, years old, daughter of deceased Clemens Otto Mueller and Zuleme Kinney Mueller died May 9th.

She attended Orchard Country Day School, Tudor Hall School, Pine Manor, Depauw-U, John Herron School of Art, and then received a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art from Indiana University. Her life long consuming interest was her collections of military patches, insignias, and rare books. Many of these collections were awarded national honors. Marj was a former member of the Junior League of Indianapolis and was a Republican precinct worker for 25 years.

She is survived by her sister, Janie Lou Bailey; 3 nieces and a nephew, Lynne Sweeney, John Mueller, Julie Mueller, and Sally Schaidhammer; a cousin, May Stone; grandniece and nephews, Stephanie Sweeney, Andrew Sweeney, Christopher Mueller, Samuel Schaidhammer, and Joseph Schaidhammer. Her brother, H. George Mueller preceded her in death in 1984.

Services were entrusted to Wilson St. Pierre Funeral Home of Indianapolis, Indiana

She eventually sold her collection to a long time ASMIC member. He began selling off part of the collection in about 2016 at the OVMS shows in Wilmington, Oh.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Either 1954 or '57 through 1959 for the ranks without the crossed rifles, 1959- early '90s on the dress and service ranks (in the early 90's the edges were merrowed, not cut) and the white/green and tan/green ranks worn throughout the 70's I believe.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

And, just to note: the SgtMaj ranks with the three rockers are modified 4-rocker chevrons. The first WM to hold the rank of SgtMaj was Bertha Peters Billeb in 1961 after the ranks already had 4 rockers. There WERE three rocker SgtMaj ranks but only in male sizes, never female.

• 1 month later...
hardstripe

I tried to send you an email about some USMC chevrons I have for sale. When I tried to message you through the forum it said you can't receive messages.

Thanks

Dennis

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Dennis, I will clear out the inbox tonight.  Thanks for giving me a heads up.  If you want, shoot me an email in the meantime!  (it's on my profile)