Jes Wilhelm Schlaikjer signed war poster

24th_infantry

24th_infantry

I had this poster for a while and questioned if the artist really did sign it. Luckily I came in contact with a relative of Schlaikjer and he was kind enough to go through the family archives and locate a signature of Jes. Apparently there are not many of his signature in circulation. I am lucky enough to have an authentic piece of work from this famous WWII artist. I am now wondering if this poster is one of the first created, or if it might possibly be the original painting seeing that it does not have the words on the bottom. At first I thought the words were cut off but knowing its signed by him I think it came this way. I will be posting a picture of the poster and his inscription along with a picture of another signature of his. I would like to know what something like this is valued at. Please any help is appreciated! If you have any autographs from him please share.

It looks like you not only have the dedication from the artist, but also the ID of the Navy man in the artwork in a piece that was presented to him!

Nice piece!