• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 68
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

This is great news.  I have been waiting for these books for a very long time.  I have just placed my order for both Volumes.

Congratulations to Dustin for bringing this long-term, enormous project to fruition!

Regards,

Charlie

#102 TexRdnec

TexRdnec
  • Members
    • Member ID: 177,091
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

email received about these and payment already sent

very eager to get them, even more eager for volume 3!

#103 jerry_k

jerry_k
  • Members
    • Member ID: 369
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:18 AM

We all have been waiting for it for a long long time! Thanks Dustin, can't wait to get my copy!

congrats,

Jerry

#104 dustin

dustin
  • Members
    • Member ID: 56
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

So I'm slugging away laying out Volume 3 and a thought had occured to me. While reading along, you'll find a lot of foriegn nomenclature or designations that aren't really in any mainstream jargon. Fear not, subsequent chapters will clear all that up. As an example, I refer to first aid kits under multiple nomenclatures, this will be confusing. This next volume has that comprehensive chapter on that particular subject and will clear it all up. You'll also find some antidotes leaving you hanging to where I only make a quick note about something. This was intentional, because you have to read other chapters that have an extended lineage about that item. The way the first four volumes were designed was that you get an initial education, then once you familiarize yourself will all chapters in all volumes, you go back through and that clearer image materializes. A really good example was compasses, it has its dedicated chapter. Overall, it would have way too many tangents if I tried to talk about everything at once. 

#105 robinb

robinb

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 61
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

Got my copies today. Way better than I expected. You won't be disappointed! 

#106 pararaftanr2

pararaftanr2
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,787
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

Just recieved both volumes today. A very high quality product and well presented too. Unlike many military collector books on the market, these are not based soley on one individual's items, collector myths and hearsay. Dustin has spent YEARS gathering original vintage documents and photos that form the basis of his work and provides detailed color photos of surviving examples of the featured items as well. Don't pass these up. Along with the two additional future volumes, these books will be the gold standard on the subject.

#107 TexRdnec

TexRdnec
  • Members
    • Member ID: 177,091
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:26 PM

Got mine today, also. Looking forward to sitting down with them and a cold beer!

#108 Survival

Survival
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,413
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

Received mine yesterday.  Great pair of books.  Its obvious they were a labor of love.  Great documented research.  Can hardly wait for volume three.

#109 dustin

dustin
  • Members
    • Member ID: 56
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for posting your thoughts, guys. Hopefully your brains had been pounded with information.

#110 carrabassett

carrabassett
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,604
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

Got my two volumes yesterday and like the other Forum members have said, incredibly detailed and well researched work. Tremendous amount of information and I can hardly wait to sit down with some time to read and absorb all that’s in the chapters. It appears both definitive and scholarly on the subject and I eagerly await the next two volumes already! Wonderful reference and addition to my library. Thanks Dustin!
Jim P.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users