M43 Shovel Cover 1st Pattern Dated 1944...

Morlok

I thought I would share an unusual piece in my collection. I have only seen the 1st pattern cover, with the fixed position hanger, dated 1943. Starting in 1944, they were produced with the adjustable hanger. This is the only 1944 dated fixed hanger that I have come across. I'm sure more must be out there, but I would think they are tough to find! Comments always welcome...

post-67213-0-81678100-1477232149_thumb.jpeg

I have a mint unissued example also 1944 dated with the non adjustable hanger there was lots of things going on in 1944 ! they were also still making the m1910 shovel covers as well.

These non adjustable covers could very well be early 1944 production until the change over took place don't see many due to the fact they went to war and we're used up.

Thanks for the info! I figured it was pretty early 44. It never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you've seen it all, you realize you haven't seen anything!

Thanks for the info! I figured it was pretty early 44. It never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you've seen it all, you realize you haven't seen anything!

Dig it......

What about 1943 dated 1st pattern M43 shovel covers ?

Regards

Lloyd

I have had several of the 1943 dated examples, although I only have one at the moment. They are pretty scarce as well...