Will the real WWII KABAR Please Stand Up

Catfishcraig

My first focused area of collecting was the WWII USMC Kabar. With the help of posts from the late Greg Robinson and other helpful forum members my collection grew and I had at least ten of the many Kabar variations. I since have sold off all of them and just recently started holding on to a few that I have come across. A recent post on an unusual Camillus knife prompted me to post pictures of my small and humble collection of USMC Kabars in hopes that others might post their's.

From top to bottom PAL, tang marked Camillus, thick pummel Kabar, rectangular peened Kabar

post-12393-0-15570300-1476995352_thumb.jpg

post-12393-0-00555200-1476995371_thumb.jpg

Nice little collection there. I had to laugh at "The Real ......Please stand up. Man your telling your age there. LOL I remember that show.

Almost but not that old. Gave up cable and one of the few networks I could pick up showed old game shows of which "To Tell the Truth" was my favorite. One show actually had a 1950s US Marine in full combat uniform and I remember his camo helmet cover had an EGA stamp.

Anyway hoping other's will share photos from their collections as there are a variety of Kabar variations.

Screamingeagles101

Could be a reference to slim shady? ...

That's what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a reference to slim shady? ...

In reading again the words I used I can see why the intent behind my post can be misinterpreted to be a slam on the post I referenced. However it is further from the truth. Hopefully I can clearify.

The reference to the other post was made because it inspired this post. The inspiration I'm referring to came from what I saw as great dialogue. It was similar to past posts that first generated my interest in Kabars (I'm speaking in the general term as there were more manufacturers then just Kabar.

The title of my post was just a turn on an old game show. The underline reference I was making is that if you had three Kabars on the guest panel they all could stand up. To this day I don't think I've been able to identify or have seen all of the war time variations made.

My intent was two fold. First to share what I consider a humble collection. Because what better to start good dialogue but with pictures. Second I intended to generate new dialogue on the given subject and hopefully MORE pictures from the collections of others.

Craig ?

Charlie Flick

I intended to generate new dialogue on the given subject and hopefully MORE pictures from the collections of others. Craig ?

OK, Craig. I'll bite. B)

Here are a couple of quick pics taken over 15 years ago of some of the Mark 2s and USMC fighting knives that were in my collection at the time.

P5120078.JPG

P5120080.JPG

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie!!

I see a couple of PALs and at least one early read spacer Kabar. All of the leather sheaths look to have been in geat shape. I don't know what it is about these that draws me to them...so much brown ?

Thought I'd throw in five of my Marine Corps Fighting Knives (I know there is one more, but couldn't find it). I have at least twice as many Mark 2s, including (as best I know) all the post-WWII versions (CAMILLUS NY, UTICA, CONETTA, CAMILLUS, and MSI; there might be one more out there).

Here from left to right are two red spacer blade-marked USMC/PALs, one in the original PAL BLADE CO marked sheath, a blade-marked USMC/KA-BAR (no Olean, NY), and two USMC/CAMILLUS, NY, the first is a guard marked one, and the last one is blade marked.

post-11546-0-57674000-1477355497_thumb.jpg

can you say M-2 MANY? love these knives. blade marked, guard marked, screw top, pin top, peened top.

CHARLIE, beautiful examples. look to be top shelf.

post-73-0-59821300-1477428059_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...