Regimental Weapons Co. 21st Marines Tag

muddyboots

Here is a very worn and salty to that belonged to a Marine that served at Bougainville and Guam. In January 1945 he shows up sick in Headquarters Co. Casual Bn. Transient Center, FMF, PAC. and then in April a Casual Co. in New York and finally from July 1945 to April 1946 he served at Marine Barracks, Naval Ammunition Depot, New Jersey.

post-24366-0-60489700-1476979426_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had a accident back at Halloween where I fell down a friends basement steps from the top to the bottom. I don't remember anything but I was told buy the doctor that I almost died and was unconscious for several weeks.But while I just had my accident I received the USMC information on William T Hewitt from the gentlemen that sold it to me. After my accident I was so excited to read this after I got out of the hospital a month after my accident. Thank you so much Don!!!!

post-24366-0-23711500-1480891700_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Muddyboots,

This is an incredible website!! In 2011 I searched Google for information on my dad William Tuthill Hewitt and found this forum. A member Entienne in France had a dog tag of my dad's. After I posted some military papers showing him my dads "number" 406826 he sent me the tag for me to put with his other military items. I have never seen a picture of my dad that young. My obvious question is would you be willing to part with these items for me.

Thank you

Scott Hewitt

• 2 weeks later...