Camilllus USMC Knife what year manufacture?

groserm

Still-A-Marine

If you are talking about this knife I have one. (Don't want it but I have it. Came with a group of knives I bought.) Anyway, it is still in the grease. If needed I could clean it up and take pictures of the markings.

Bill

post-4347-0-96090800-1476830615_thumb.jpg

Bill, KA-BAR has made so many commemorative knives over the years without seeing a direct reference to the Marine Corps 200th birthday, I can't say for sure if yours is one of those knives. The only images I've seen of them have been of the very low serial numbered knives that were rather ornate and had bright high polished blades.

I found this information between 1945 and 1952 the Wenske Corporation of Sandusky bought old parts from the Mark 2 manufactures.Ground off the markings and polished them. Then fitted them with a smooth handle.

I brought up the mid-70's run of knives and blades because it does document an earlier time than the 90-2000's when Camillus stamped USMC on those type blades. To be fair I'll point out that Camillus stamped the branch of service on the name side of the blade and their name on the reverse/pile side of the blade, Union Cutlery/KA-BAR stamped them the opposite way.