What's next? What's in the Pipeline?

Proud Kraut

I really would like to know your next modeling project. Here's mine:

First I bought the MB 101st InfDiv Sherman riders, then I looked out for an interesting British Sherman, finally I got my hands on the last BLACK DOG "Hessian Tape" camo kit available at my online modeling shop...

FF1.jpg

Well I finished my M60A1 diorama and F-14A Tomcat. Right now I'm going back to Hue for another diorama. Then after that either a couple of M1A1 Abrams or fix up a Pzkpfw III ausf H with a T-34, I also have a T-74 Russian tank(You won't see those here). There is also an 8 inch self propelled howitzer in the future. I'm also looking into probably building the USS Missouri (WWII). Lets see how the worm turns for me.

I saw a diorama on you tube called Torpedo Run about a TBF dropping a torpedo It was done in 1/72 scale planes

I want to make it in !/48 ( because I have trouble seeing 1/72 I also want to do battle damage because most of the TBF were shot

down at the Battle of Midway I hope it turns out well

Tom

I've got 2 1/48th hasegawa P-51D's on the bench right now, and a Tamiya P-51C as well. One of the D's was going to be a full D-day stripe bird, but I tried using the box decals and they basically fell apart (old age). So that's in a holding pattern while I finish the other two. Next up though......the old monogram 1/48th B-29!! I have a spot for it when it's finished although I'm not 100% it will fit! That thing is going to be massive!

I've got a resin building ruin kit I'm gonna start in the next few days that I picked up at a nearby model show. I've never worked a resin before so we'll see how it goes. I'm think of putting a Willy's or Sherman with it.

• 1 month later...

Just purchesd this set of built but not painted US tanks. Within the lot 3 IDF M50/M51 Super Sherman / Isherman tanks. I think I'll start with these after completing the "Monster" dio.

Shermans.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a WWI diorama about the U.S. Marines at Belleau Woods Where they got the nickname Devil Dogs I hope it comes out alright I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive

Tom

I'm working on a WWI diorama about the U.S. Marines at Belleau Woods Where they got the nickname Devil Dogs I hope it comes out alright I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive

Tom

Tom, can't wait to see the diorama. What we really need in our section is some more informations about how to create a good dio base. Would you like to share your manufacturing steps with us? Please!

Lars

Lars this is going to take a long time to develope. Just recieved the Marines and Germans. Have to put them together and paint them. then I to build the trenchs and surrounding woods It will be a long time to completion

Tom

Lars,

I have seen some new model makers such as Squadron and Bronco. Have you ever built any models made by these companies? I was wondering how well the models are manufactured. Do you have a favorite brand to build?

..Kat

Lars,

I have seen some new model makers such as Squadron and Bronco. Have you ever built any models made by these companies? I was wondering how well the models are manufactured. Do you have a favorite brand to build?

..Kat

Hi Kat,

the Bronco kit I once built was very well executed but rather expensive. Unfortunately I don't know Squadron kits. Most of the kits I had built were from Dragon, Tamiya, Master Box, Academy, Italeri, AFV Club.

Lars

post-8684-0-02827300-1487126023.jpg

post-8684-0-80296100-1487126034.jpg

As you can see the trench is almost done. the ladders and duckwork are made. but as you can see there is still a lot of work to do. I still have to make thee groundwork and sandbags

Tom

WOW Tom! From the looks of things I see you're going for a major undertaking. I wish you all my hopes for a trouble free build and a great outcome.

I have to admit, you really know how to honor our Marines.

Good luck 'Teufel Hunden'

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hi Kat,

the Bronco kit I once built was very well executed but rather expensive. Unfortunately I don't know Squadron kits. Most of the kits I had built were from Dragon, Tamiya, Master Box, Academy, Italeri, AFV Club.

Lars

Lars,

Thanks so much for your input. My Dad's birthday is coming up. I was thinking about getting him a Bronco or Squadron kit as something new to try. The Squadron kits are expensive.

...Kat

Gents I finished the basic foundation I did the barbed wire, sandbags. firing stand and woods. as you seee from the photos I still have a lot of finishing work to do

post-8684-0-13415800-1487363394.jpg

post-8684-0-28846400-1487363409.jpg