Wm. Coffman Supply Company 6th Marines

Eric Queen

Nice image of a couple of RARE patches in wear (green diamond)

Of note is they are wearing Army uniforms also

gthhjh0006.jpg

Fantastic image, and so right-such a rare patch! Thanks for sharing. Can you make out what the little badge is on the Marine on the right side? Kevin

Corporal Kang 0311

I have a helmet from William Adam Coffman from Indiana. This is the information I received from this forum about him. I don't know if it is your marine or not.

Looks like he enlisted April 27, 1918. He joined Supply Co. 6th Marines August 3, 1918 and participated in the All American offensive at St. Mihiel in Sept. and the battle at Blanc Mont. He was a teamster with Supply, running carts of material to and from which in the open exposed terrain of Blanc Mont was not conducive to long term survival. He also participated in the Meuse Argonne offensive and the River campaign of the Meuse Argonne the final night of the war. Sometime between Blanc Mont and January 1919 he joined 6th Regimental Headquarters company.

Born Feb 15 1897. Died July 9 1982

Corporal Kang 0311

It has no diamond but it has W.A Coffman on the inside of the helmet, I received the helmet from Indianapolis, Indiana estate sale.

When I did a search it came up with his name in the Indiana WW 1 veterans memorial. I hope this helps, the heat stamp is ZA 57.